We're looking for someone with a proven track-record of crafting useful and beautiful digital experiences.
About the company
We're an Auckland-based user experience design studio that's been busy creating digital experiences since 2010. Our clients range from tech startups to listed companies and our aim is to give every one of them the very best human-centric digital solutions. We believe every pixel matters and that our work is never truly done - there's always something to be improved.
This position is for someone who wants to create award-winning digital experiences grounded in empathy. As someone who's both creative and commercially minded you'll sometimes push the boundaries and sometimes exercise restraint. In this end-to-end role, you'll be involved from conception to delivery, ensuring that what leaves our studio lives up to our own high expectations of crafted experiences.
Characteristics for success
To be successful you'll need to be someone who is:
- Inherently curious about people and technology
- A friend of white space, typography and design hygiene
- Comfortable crafting design solutions as part of a team
- Uncompromising when it comes to the details
- An exceptional organiser of your own time
- Able to see the broader commercial picture
- A life-long reflexive learner
- Comfortable presenting work
- Working on your own projects
- Excellent with spoken and written English
- Able to demonstrate an impressive portfolio
Show us that you've got at least 5 years experience with:
- Participating in the discovery phase of projects
- Creating wireframes, prototypes and user flows
- Designing interfaces for digital projects
- Presenting work to internal teams and clients
- Working within agreed budgets and timelines
- Keeping on top of the evolution of UX and UI
- Reviewing work to validate design integrity
- Sound knowledge the development process
- Participating in design sprints
- Working in a creative team environment
- Advanced skills with tools like Sketch, Zeplin, InVision, AdobeXD, UXPin etc.
This short quiz will help us learn a bit more about you.
At the end of the quiz, you'll be asked to upload a photo as well as your CV. The photo doesn't have to be of you – it's a chance to show us what makes you unique and why you'll fit our company. You can prep this in advance or use your device's camera when you get to the last page.
Only applicants currently in New Zealand and eligible to work here will be considered.
- Progressing in my career
- Working with great people
- A range of interesting projects
- Helping others to grow
- Increasing my personal wealth
Some details about you…
Thanks! We'll look over your quiz and get in touch with you once the application period has closed.
Follow @WeirdlyJobs on Twitter to find other jobs in the Weirdly system.