Hitech startup of the year 2016 is entering another phase of major growth, We're looking for super sharp senior and lead level full stack developers prepared to roll their sleeves up and build our highly demanded global SaaS, latest tech, new fast paced development, flexible startup culture, awesome team!
Who is Figured?
What started as a simple idea to keep ahead of the financial state of the farm has now grown into an award winning SaaS business and ecosystem where the farmer, the accountant, the consultant and the banker collaborate in real time and gain great insight to the financial performance of the farm.
Come and join us in this revolution that will change the course of one of the most substantial industries in NZ and abroad.
Where are we now?
- 5 years on, we kinda nailed our product-market fitness, know our target customers and users pretty well and have a talented team that give a damn about what they do and the impact they're making.
- Won some awards: Hitech NZ Startup of the yr, 2016, App partner of the year, 2017, Specific App of the Year, Xercon 2016, 2018 and Emerging Partner of the yr, Xerocon 2015
- Have offices across NZ, Australia and the US with huge demands from more markets (watch this space)
- Have a team of 60+ of your soon to be besties, with all development being based in Auckland
Working in our startup means you'll enjoy having complete ownership in your work and thrive in a lean/dynamic/ rapid development environment. You will see the impact you make every single day and get a real kick out of growing this amazing product.
Whilst you will code like a boss, this is by no means just punching endless lines of code, you'll be involved in driving the technical direction of our product, help make crucial decisions and drive world class architecture and solutions.
We realise that good product developers can hop across stacks so we're not too fussed if you don't tick all the tech boxes, we are more keen to know about your overall talent across fast growth complex app development, startup fit and positive outlook. You'll work alongside like minded sharp individuals that will help you bridge any tech gaps.
Our tech stack has purposefully been chosen for our App to ease the life of our developers (from a coding perspective) so they can focus on building complex solutions. Ideally you will tick as many of those tools, including:
- Solid backend development experience in PHP - Ideally Laravel but similar MVC frameworks (e.g. Symfony) are ok too.
- Experience developing cloud products in Amazon AWS or similar environments
- Strong database experience including relational and non-relational (ideally MySQL and MongoDB)
- Modern collaborative development tools, including CI/CDExperience developing complex SaaS tools
- Experience with test driven development
What to expect?
Developing a fast growing complex application in several markets is a highly demanding job, we ensure our devs are thriving in an environment that supports and helps them unleash their best selves and work.
- We are willing to pay for what you're worth and not rely on generic salary surveys that try to put you in a box
- A highly collaborative and supportive team and encouraging environment
- Its all about results and not effort, with that you can have glide time, and enjoy a bit of flexibility with working from home (cafe or the beach) if you wish
- We'll hire you cause we rate you and want to get out of your way so you can do what you do best, self-management is the norm and leadership is more about inspiring, mentoring and giving guidance
- Professional development is something you can't help
- Longer leave allowance - additional 5 days
- The other stuff - free coffee, Figured getup, ICT (ice cream Thursdays) fun workplace and latest mac gear to name a few
- Working with the latest technology
- Working with cool, clever people
- Interesting day-to-day tasks
- Being part of building something awesome
- A good package - salary, perks and benefits
Some details about you…
Thanks heaps for completing our quiz , we will be in touch soon!
Follow @WeirdlyJobs on Twitter to find other jobs in the Weirdly system.